Sunday, May 18, 2008

like the sunshine

i like that the word still has more than one meaning. as does the word miss. they are words that pass through my mind more often now than previously, i think. i begin to lose my grip over this language that i love so much: i'm growing nit-picky and predictable, with no words left to express the way i feel about anything.
it is only wonderful to use simple words if you do it despite knowing words of five syllables, surely?
i don't think i know any words of five syllables.


i meet new people every weekend. three people this week i spoke to or saw whom i had never met or heard before. and it meant nothing to me because i could not share it.
it's hard to feel this way all the time. it's hard to go to bed now and realize that tomorrow is the beginning of another week in my life and you won't be there just as you haven't been there all this time.
it's hard when there is nobody to talk to about this and nobody with impersonal advice to give and nobody who will do me the favour of kicking me in the head and telling me you're not worth any of this. funnily enough, i never manage to believe it when i say it myself.

still for you; still for you.
like the title says.

No comments: