Friday, April 11, 2008

returned to sender.

People are careless sometimes. (This is what I tell myself, soon after someone has said or done something that drops topples my world about my ears.) They usually don't mean to hurt, but they end up doing it anyway - and most of the nicer people manage to be of the kind who will actually apologize when you tell them they've hurt you.

I will say something selfish and honest now. I want an apology. You probably think you've apologized already, or that it wasn't important to warrant any further discussion or whatever, but it still preys on my mind from time to time. I don't like that.
So I would like you to please apologize for not calling or emailing or showing any of the concern I would have expected from any other person I might have gone to meet. And for not noticing how much it bothered me, even though I tried telling you a hundred times afterwards.

Also - it felt so unfair to me that you could demand sensitivity of me as a friend and not give it in return. Do you understand? This has nothing to do with how I feel about you, which is a huge awkward unwieldy beastie and something I'm not ready to deal with yet. This is just about how ill-used I felt.
As a friend, not as anything else.
Okay, that's all. :)
I hope you'll still be talking to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But he isn't.