Saturday, April 21, 2007

this time it does not matter

Funny, isn't it, how I judge life. Or success. Or happiness. Do all rhetorical questions have to end in question marks? Why can't I ever get out of the habit of asking them?

I make friends assuming everyone means what they say. That's always mistake one. Now I know better than to trust anyone. I do know, don't I? Let us hope so. Let us hope I will never again write four pages worth (both sides!) of letter, wander through streets in search of second-hand books by a particular author for a complete stranger, spend hours making the perfect list to make into a mixed tape for a person I barely know...
Hmmm. I will always be doing things for strangers, I'm afraid. They're not strangers when I do the favours, see? Sigh. Let us hope, instead, that I will, and T will, manage to be neither petty nor childish. In other words, deletions are not the answer. Not, you hear me? Erasing people from your life will not make them remember you. Or notice that you're gone. It will only remind you that it will make no difference whatsoever. huzzah. Would you do that to your ego, now?

I have very strange personal pronouns.

Unhappy thought: It isn't really a fair world if the kindnesses you receive are all from complete strangers while the people you know for a year or two years or three years or four will not spare a moment to remember you while passing by. It isn't fair, but it is unexpected and that's a bonus, surely?
Perhaps only on the better days.

Thanks to a person in forn parts with a telephone. Made my day better, you did. Well, and the cake helped.


Unconnected: cannot tell. will not. if it does not, will i survive? needs must. i do not approve of making memories ahead of time. what will you do if the moment never measures up? this time it's different. i want to be able to say it, but i don't trust myself at all. and if it is only further, then what will i do? three more. wait it out. i miss you. can i say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the person u r addressing this to will understand. For the life of me, I cant.