Tuesday, November 21, 2006

ungrateful

And some days I feel so full I need to let the things ooze out. Everything in the world all mine and I resent old ladies and begrudge them their little pleasures. Am I that selfish?
And I stand in dark rooms with forehead against cool walls, stand on marble till my feet grow frozen numb, sit with one leg curled under and the other knee below chin; hug myself and hate myself.
I let the aches ooze through the bones.
I let the songs slip under the skin.
And think of nothing.

If it's all in the head, then what is this pain in the chest?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it's all in the head, then why is there pain in the chest, you ask...

I loved that phrase.

But sweetie, it's neither in the head, nor in the chest. It's all in the mind, and the mind is a powerful thing!!