Wednesday, July 5, 2006

layers

I found out last monday how little I've changed since I was thirteen. And how much. Eight years, oh boy. I wonder if it's the same for everyone? I still think the same things, I still believe in the same things. I still want the same things. All I've done is prune. I got mellow; I had the rough edges sanded off me; and I discovered I had a smile. I learned to accept myself for who I was, importantly. The thought strikes me now, suddenly. What if that's a step backwards? Once you're happy with whomever you are, does that mean you grow more resistant to change? I think not. I have such fascinating conversations with myself. I am the absolute best listener I know. To resume, (and i've decided on no para breaks for this one. just to see) I am me. The same as I always was. It's more than a little creepy. What I love is how much I've learnt in life, and how that has refined me. There is nothing about myself that I have changed. I got more tolerant. More observant. Less explosive. Less volatile. But the core of me is the same the same the same.

The biggest step I've taken is probably meeting myself. Getting to know me. I am a fabulous person. Oh, flawed for sure. But I am a person I could love. I am comfortable in my skin and self confident and self assured. Almost.

song for the day
. just because i'm listening to it right now. and because nothing fits as well.

No comments: